i recently read an article, “i started at the bottom…now i’m the boss”, in the July issue of Marie Claire. the article featured four women who worked their way up from entry-level positions to holding top positions in their companies.
i wanted to share my 5 fav tips from the article:
- show – don’t tell – how great you are
- don’t whine – fix the problem
- work with people who are different (backgrounds and experiences) from you
- make sure the decision makers know your name and what you do
- [understand that] even the greatest job demands sacrifice
good advice for any level in one’s career; whether you’re in an entry-level position and trying to work your way up, somewhere in the middle, or senior level and looking for a change.